The Puritan, a quarterly online literary publication, is accepting submissions for the Fall 2017 issue to be published in November. Writers can submit to five categories:
- Fiction: Any word length. Open to all topics and genres. Pays $50/story.
- Non-Fiction: Any word length. Open to essays, creative non-fiction, memoirs, and other literary styles. Pays $100/article of essay.
- Interviews: Any word length. The subject must be working in the literary field, such as an editor, author, or a publisher. Length: over 2K words. Pays $100/interview.
- Reviews: up to 6K words. Reviews of new books, chapbooks, anthologies, etc. Pays $100/review.
- Poetry: Any length, style, or genre. Submit up to four poems. Pays $15/poem or page, up to $60 max.
The Puritan buys FNASR for accepted works. All rights revert to authors after publication.
Submissions are open year-round, but the reading period for this issue closes September 25, 2017.
The Puritan was established in 2006 by Canadian writers Spencer Gordon and Tyler Willis who still serve as Editors.