The Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP) welcomes freelance writers to contribute to The Writer’s Notebook, a special advice-oriented section of its website AWPwriter.org.
The editors of The Writer’s Notebook are looking for short blog posts related to the writing profession: craft, critique, career advice, publishing, teaching, choosing an agent, etc. They also publish advice on picking the best creative writing program or conference, as well as discourse on present literary events.
Recent essays included:
- How to Make Your Literary Magazine More Inclusive
- Kindergarten, When You’re a Writer and a Solo Mom
- Making Poetry Pay: Five Ways to Increase Your Poetry Income
- Eight Things This Fiction Writer Learned About Historical Research
- Structuring Short Story Collections
- POC in the Creative Writing Classroom
Word length: 500-1500 words per blog post.
Payment: $100 per post.
Writers may also propose a series, from 3-6 short posts, with a uniform theme.