Emerging freelance writers are encouraged to apply to this year’s Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers, a three-month writing fellowship aimed at helping, supporting, and promoting the diverse talents and voices of writers who cover or want to cover feminism, activism, and pop-culture.
Bitch Media, the publisher of the popular quarterly magazine, Bitch: Feminist Response to Pop Culture, will select writers to specialize in one of four topical areas during the fellowship:
- Sexual politics
- Pop-culture criticism
- Global feminism
Each fellow will receive a stipend of $2,000.
During the three-month period, writers will:
- Write at least six online articles in their specialty for Bitch Media, each 600+ words long.
- Writer one or more long-form editorial articles to appear in the print magazine.
- Partake in biweekly discussions with the Bitch Media staff.
- Learn how to develop, write, and edit articles and blog posts.
- Network with leaders in the feminist-media community.
Writers will join Bitch Media during one of these quarters:
- January 1 – March 30
- April 1 – June 30
- July 1 – September 30
- October 1 – December 31
Each fellowship period will be overseen by company co-founder Andi Zeisler.
Apply by August 31, 2017. Read submission guidelines at the company’s website.