A Fine Parent, a popular blog helping individuals become better people and better parents, has opened a 7-day reading period to curate stories for publication in 2017.
Freelance writers are invited to write on popular parenting issues, especially on topics relevant to “positive/gentle/intentional” parenting.
Because the blog caters to busy smart parents, writers must provide tightly-focused pieces of workable and doable suggestions, strategies, action steps, and encouragement.
Writers can review the site’s popular articles and categories to familiarize themselves with what readers love to read.
The editor expects articles to be:
- relevant to “better parenting”;
- original and not published elsewhere;
- written in reader-friendly web-format (logical; skimmable; concise paragraphs; lists and bullets);
AND articles need to:
- present useful and actionable advice and tips;
- include personal narratives and anecdotes that connect with other parent-readers;
- reference at least one published book, research article, or other definitive resource; and
- feature a “2-minute action plan” and a “long-term action plan.”
Word length: 1500-3K words per article.
Token Payment: $50 per article.
AFineParent.com publishes an in-depth article written by an outside contributor each week.
Submissions will close September 25, 2017.
Read the call for submissions at A Fine Parent’s website.